Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Apple sausage pasta

This was such an easy dinner and not too many dishes to wash either!! 

First I sliced the chicken sausage into small diagonal chunks and cooked it in my cast iron frying pan in a teeny bit of oil... palm fruit or coconut is best.  Al Fresco makes other chicken sausage flavors too.  This one has maple syrup in it, so it's not the best, but hey, it was yummy!



While it was cooking, I cut up my veggies.  This is just what I had on hand-- petty pan squash, yellow squash, onions, and some frozen peas. You could add any other veggies that you want.



When the sausage was done cooking, I took it out and put it in a glass dish with a lid to keep it warm.  I used the same pan to fry the vegetables.  I put a lid on the pan so they steamed a bit.  While the veggies were cooking, I put the water on for the noodles.

This is organic brown rice pasta.  It tastes JUST like regular pasta. 


When it was all done cooking, I splashed a tiny bit of oil onto the pasta, some seasoning salt, and some garlic powder on.  I put it in the dishes above to keep warm since the hubs was not home yet... his is the one with more pasta.. lucky!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment