Sunday, July 28, 2013

EZ Roast Chicken

I bought an organic, free-range chicken the other day.  When I got home from the store, I rinsed it off, took the packet out of the cavity and stuffed some lemons in there.  I sprinkled it with salt and pepper.. you could add more spices though.  I put it in a bowl and left it out to dry off a little bit.  Then, I put it in the fridge for 2 days.


When I was ready to start cooking, I slid it into a glass baking dish and put it in the oven at 425 degrees.  

After an hour, I checked it and it was getting brown on the outside, but it was not fully cooked.  I turned the oven down to 400 so that it didn't get too brown on the outside.  I put it back in for about 30 more minutes and it was done!


I had my hubby cut it up and I served it with broccoli and steamed cabbage!

No comments:

Post a Comment